Gifts of Real Estate
How It Works
- You deed your home, vacation home, undeveloped property, or commercial building to Reason Foundation.
- Reason Foundation may use the property or sell it and use the proceeds.
- You receive an income tax deduction for the fair market value of the real estate.
- You pay no capital gains tax on the transfer.
- You can direct the proceeds from your gift to a specific program at Reason Foundation.
- More details about gifts of real estate.
- Frequently asked questions on gifts of real estate.
- Contact us so we can assist you through every step.
Planning your estate and legacy for future generations, including your charitable interests, takes careful evaluation. Consulting with the appropriate professionals can assist you.
Brittney Paul, Director of Donor Engagement